Friday, November 28, 2008

moscow moskva Москвa

I was going to gush about how magical I find Moscow's Red Square at night, and how even though it is obviously very real, it looks like something that Walt Disney himself has created. But a quick look back on the blog entry I wrote about the last time I was here, showed me that i've already said that.
So I won't say it again...but from here on in I will endeavour to have an original thought go through my head every now and then.

This time, however, I had my mate Dusan with me when we went exploring/sightseeing.
Having just finished doing our Business Class upgrade in the same group as each other, this Moscow trip was to be our last flight working in Economy, so it was good fun having a laugh with the passengers knowing that very soon after this Moscow trip we'd be working in a cabin where we were expected to be a lot more serious.

So, yes, if I've already said that Red Square is a magical place, the magic was amplified by the imminent arrival of Christmas. Massive christmas trees everywhere, amazing lights, and huge ice rink right in the middle, and a festive spirit all over the place.
Our group didn't do a lot besides walking about taking in the sights, but it was enough to just be there in that Christmas atmosphere -- and after living in a Muslim country for a year and a half where Christmas is effectively ignored, it was nice to see a place that had gone to a lot of effort with their decorations and lights.

here are the photos:


stay tuned, next week: MALTA!!!


let the good times roll!!

No comments: