Thursday, March 13, 2008

london still

back to good ol' London town!

after having already seen all the major tourism sights of London last time i was here with my mate Natalie, I was looking forward to a relaxed, laid-back trip to London to visit my hometown-mate Tommy -- without feeling like i had to race around this city trying to see all that it had to offer

this time to London offered a much more interesting view of London: where previously i had seen most of it from the top floor of a double-decker open-air tour bus, the London that Tommy showed me was a lot more appealing and I understand much more about why London has such a magnetic pull of twenty-somethings from all over the world.

on my last visit, London had semed so over-whelmingly large, massive even, a big sprawling city that made me feel that if i ever lived there, i'd struggle to find my own place. but down on ground level, walking through the streets around Covent Garden and through SoHo, i discovered that even in a city with an incredible population like this, there is still such thing as a familiar face, and i realised that cold anonymity isn't always the way it goes over here


it was so good to hang out with Tommy again, it'd been about a year since we'd seen each other, and so we did what old friends do best, sat in a cafe and talked shit and caught up, walked around and saw his London and met some of his friends -- and even though i'd promised myself no shopping, well of course some money had to be spent somewhere, i couldn't just leave it sitting in my wallet now, could i?!


here are the photos:



stay tuned, next up: LONDON, AGAIN!!! (i think?!)


let the good times roll!!

No comments: